June 10, 2010

the rhythm of intuition

rediscovering the musical shifts in lucy in the sky with diamonds; simple rhythm changes et al altering consciousness itself: amazing stuff!

play it backwards and it reads: who am i?

i took lucy in the sky with diamonds in 1969 and the moon pointed at me!

i kept pointing back at it for forty years. o what a fool!

the whole point of lucy in the sky with diamonds is not in the lyrics, which catch you like conditioning and oh well, you're lost

no, the whole point of lucy in the sky with diamonds is in the rhythm of intuition underlying the noise of the lyrics, if there is a point.

play it loud and shut up, stupid! go ahead and beat the rhythm with anything at your disposal, while listening to everything but the lyrics.

while all the time hearing the lyrics as something you've always sung. until now.

bless you john lennon.
If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.

Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty.

You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!

Everything is clearer when you're in love.

The more I see the less I know for sure.

Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.

~John Lennon (via @GreenDayBTM)

No comments: